Social Media Toolkit
Social Media Toolkit
The world deserves to see the impact Student Visionaries of the Year participants make. Make sure to chronicle your experience on all of your social media channels.
Sample Post Copy
- I’m proud to announce that I am a candidate for [TAG] @The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Student Visionaries of the Year campaign!
Student Visionaries of the Year is an awesome leadership program where high-school students like me take on a 7-week journey to raise funds for the LLS mission! 🌟 Leukemia is the #1 most diagnosed form of childhood cancer and the second leading cause of cancer deaths among children and adolescents. It’s time to #CancelBloodCancer and by donating to my campaign, we can do just that 👉 (Insert personal fundraising page) #LLSVisionaries #CancelBloodCancer
- Do you want our generation to be the last to see blood cancer? 🤔💭 I sure do! Join me as I work alongside an incredible group of young leaders to #CancelBloodCancer once and for all. 💪 As a Student Visionaries of the Year candidate, I am supporting [TAG] @The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) mission to cure blood cancers and improve the quality of life for cancer patients and their families! 👏 By supporting my campaign today, you are becoming a part of an incredible mission to see a world without cancer. Help me reach my goal 👉 (Insert personal fundraising page) #LLSVisionaries
- 📣 Fact alert! 📣 Over the last six years, [TAG] @The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) has helped advance 70% of the over 110 FDA-Approved blood cancer treatment options. 🙌 And they’re not stopping there. By donating to my Student Visionaries of the Year campaign, we can keep these groundbreaking discoveries coming! 👏👉 (Insert personal fundraising page) #LLSVisionaries #CancelBloodCancer
Be sure to tag LLS in posts on all platforms!
On desktop, right click “save image as” or on mobile, press & hold until a prompt pops up and save image on your camera roll.
For Facebook/Instagram Posts:
Instagram and Facebook Stickers
Search Student Visionary to use the stickers for this campaign.
POSTING ABOUT: LEGACY TEAMS
Share your legacy. If you are a part of a legacy team, say it loud and proud! We encourage you to share your legacy team's photo. Create a carousel post sharing photos of your team how it has evolved. In the caption, tell your audience what it means to you to be a part of this team, and what you hope to achieve and carry on the legacy.
POSTING ABOUT: HONORED HEROES
Ask your local LLS Staff member to keep you up to date on your local honored hero. We recommend sharing his/her/their story on your social media to highlight special occasions and milestones such as celebrating your local hero’s birthday, end of treatment, etc.
SOCIAL MEDIA DO’S AND DON’TS
Thank you for participating in Student Visionaries of the Year! These guidelines were created to help you generate awareness and maximize the impact of your campaign. We look forward to working together to #CancelBloodCancer!
- Tag us in your posts! This way, we’ll see and engage and potentially share. See below for our social handles!
- Tagging on Facebook & LinkedIn: To tag on Facebook or LinkedIn, simply put an @ symbol and begin writing the name. A drop-down menu will appear, select the verified LLS account.
- Use our Hashtags! Use #LLSVisionaries & #CancelBloodCancer for your posts to be seen by the LLS team. Here are best practices for each platform:
- Facebook: 0-1
- Twitter: No more than 1 hashtag per post.
- Instagram: No more than 3-5 hashtags.
- LinkedIn: 1
- TikTok: 2-3
Share your passion for LLS and why you wanted to participate in Student Visionaries of the Year. You can also share authentic photos of yourself and your team throughout the campaign!
- Include a Call-To-Action (CTA) at the end of your post to share where your audience can donate to your campaign, join your team, etc.
- Check your links before posting to make sure they work
Use your Voice: Keep your tone of voice optimistic, approachable, hopeful, and positive. Add your personal flair and make each post yours by editing the caption and putting your spin on it while maintaining LLS’s overall message.
- Use Instagram and Facebook Stories:
- Utilize stickers such as polls, questions, countdowns, etc. to generate more engagement and views.
- When utilizing Instagram Stickers, search for LLS Student Visionaries to view the stickers for this campaign.
- Share information about your campaigns such as ways to get involved, fundraisers, and more!
- Remember to tag LLS!
- Engage with LLS on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok
- Like, share and comment on LLSusa posts to stay engaged and up to date with the latest happenings in the blood cancer community
- Duet an LLSusa TikTok
- Remember to tag LLS in your content so we can engage
- Do not use negative, malicious, threatening, discriminatory language in your posts
- Do not use content from other accounts without permission
- Do not modify the LLS logo when posting